Check back often to learn about our regular photo challenge opportunities! Ideally there will be a monthly Oregon Coast Digest photo challenge, but this is based on the support of business sponsors, underwritters and prize availability. If you’d like to sponsor a photo challenge and donate prizes for our winners please contact us to negotiate the details. Thank you for your support!
CURRENT PHOTO CHALLENGE/FUNDRAISER:
In October & November, Oregon Coast Digest will be hosting a photo fundraiser, in honor of October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
PHOTO DONATIONS/FUNDRAISER: We are asking Oregon Coast Photographers inspired to support Breast Cancer Awareness, to select and donate a ‘Healing with Nature’ photograph to be available for print purchase from mid-October and through the month of November. The purpose of the theme is to create a collection of Oregon Coast imagery that provides a sense of healing, serenity, peace and relaxation to not only those fighting breast cancer, but to all who take the time to view it. The images will serve as a reminder to take a moment, enjoy the beauty around us and absorb it’s healing properties.
The ‘Healing with Nature’ photos will be displayed for sale on our Facebook page, and publicly in the Coos County area (locations TBA). We encourage our contributing photographers to promote their photos within their communities and networks and to sell, print and distribute their photographs in whatever way calls to them or is appropriate for each individual. Photographers may inquire about options for Oregon Coast Digest to take over managing these responsibilities, if you are unable to do so yourself. At the end of the fundraiser, we ask that each photographer donates a minimum of 50% of their proceeds to one of two organizations: ‘Girls Fight Like Girls’ or Bree’s Foundation for Breast Cancer Research. With additional promotional support from Oregon Coast Digest, Sterling Media Northwest, K-Dock Radio and other supporters, this is a wonderful opportunity to get your work and name out there, as well as benefit a great cause!
FUTURE FUNDRAISING: Oregon Coast Digest intends to use donated images for on-going fundraising purposes. The details of this are still a work in progress but for now, our idea is to display the ‘Healing with Nature’ photo collection on a warm cozy blanket, embroidered with a pink ribbon in the corner! The ‘Healing with Nature’ blanket would be available for sale all year on the Oregon Coast Digest website and promoted heavily during October, of which a portion of the proceeds will continue to support Breast Cancer Research and Awareness Organizations in our area.
CONTRIBUTING PHOTOGRAPHER AWARDS/PRIZES:
To show our gratitude and appreciation for our contributing photographers, at the completion of the fundraiser in November, all who donated their ‘Healing with Nature’ photos for this cause, will have an opportunity to be awarded prizes. Winners will have their choice to claim prizes within 30 days or donate their prizes as gifts to ‘Girls Fight Like Girls’ and other local cancer support groups.
- GIVEAWAY DRAWING: All contributors will have their name entered into a drawing and Oregon Coast Digest will award a prize(s) to a randomly selected contributor(s). (Prize TBA)
- “FAN FAVORITE” AWARD: The photo with the most Facebook LIKES at the end of fundraiser, will be awarded a prize(s) (TBA).
- “EDITOR’S CHOICE” AWARD: A photo selected by the Oregon Coast Digest team and judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, overall impact, artistic merit, and expression of the theme, ‘Healing with Nature’, will be awarded a prize(s) (TBA). Their photo will also be displayed in the Oregon Coast Digest’s “Editor’s Choice” photo gallery.
- “SPECIAL ACKNOWLEDGEMENT” AWARD: A photo selected by the Oregon Coast Digest team and awarded to whomever we deem deserving of special acknowledgement for the participation will be awarded a prize(s) (TBA).
SUBMISSION DIRECTIONS : Email your 8X10 (Print Quality) photos to email@example.com w/ subject line (‘Healing with Nature’ Fundraiser). The deadline for photo donations will be October 15th. Only ONE submission per person can be eligible for prizes. You can submit up to 3 photos but please specify which particular photo you’d like considered for the “Editor’s Choice” & “Special Acknowledgment” Awards. If you are unable to handle purchase requests, selling photographs, image printing, shipping of photographs, etc., you may inquire about the options for Oregon Coast Digest to manage this for you. Please only submit materials for which you hold the copyright. Oregon Coast Digest, Sterling Media Northwest and Sponsor’s employees or family members are allowed to participate but are NOT eligible to win prizes. Please include the following in your email:
- Name/Business Credit
- Desired contact info: phone/email (for print purchase inquiries)
- Print Price if different than recommended $25.00 per 8X10
- Photo “Title” and Description
- Website/Facebook Page
- Oregon state mailing address (for shipping of prizes when necessary)
- T-shirt or Sweatshirt size (for prize purposes)
PHOTO SUBMISSION TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- Oregon Coast Digest is merely the host of this fundraiser and are not responsible for handling purchase requests, selling photographs, image printing, shipping of photographs, or fundraiser expenses incurred by photographers unless Oregon Coast Digest has agreed to manage this on your behalf. If contributing photographers prefer to handle these responsibilities personally, we ask that they respond and follow through with delivery of purchase requests in a reasonable time frame. We are suggesting a starting cost of $25 for each 8X10 print sold, but photographers can set their own rates and print sizes. Our only request is that rates will be approachable for purchasers and will support the fundraiser being effective. We also trust our contributing photographers will follow through with a minimum of 50% donation to one of two organizations: ‘Girls Fight Like Girls’ or Bree’s Foundation for Cancer Research following the completion of the fundraiser. At some point during and/or after the fundraiser, we may inquire as to how many prints have been sold by individuals to gauge the fundraising progress.
- All submissions may be used for future Oregon Coast Digest fundraising, publicity and promotional materials. Examples: brochures, flyers, videos, website & social media use, postcards, calendars, etc., all of which will allow us to continue to provide our free or discounted services to the Oregon coast community. Credit will be given to photographers wherever possible.
SUPPORTERS & SPONSORS: We’d like to thank and acknowledge all who have pledged or already donated prizes/gifts and fundraiser underwriting.
- K-Dock Radio: Fundraiser Underwriting
- Sterling Media Northwest: Fundraiser Underwriting
- Bree’s Upscale Resale: $25.00 Gift Certificate
- ‘Girls Fight Like Girls’: Save a Rack Sweatshirt
- Tee Shirt Express: Photo Coffee Mug, Travel Mug and Blanket Throw
- Giddings Boatworks: Breast Cancer Awareness Sweatshirt
- 7-Devils Brewing Co: (3) $25 Gift Certificates
- Yellow Cab Taxi: Cab Fare Certificates
- Too-Sweet Photography: $75 Photo Session Certificate
- Lacey Reiss L.M.T: Massage Gift Certificates
- Maria Forty L.M.T.: Massage Gift Certificates
- Tina Vecera L.A.C.: Shiatsu Japanese Massage Certificates
- Benetti’s Italian Restaurant: (3) $25 Gift Certificates
- Coos Head Food Co-op: Health/Beauty Aid
DONATIONS & UNDERWRITING: If you would like to donate prizes/gifts or assistance with this fundraiser in anyway, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any donations or contributions that promote health, relaxation, and fun are welcomed and greatly appreciated! We are also seeking underwriters willing to help cover fundraiser expenses and the cost of producing ‘Healing with Nature’ blankets.
THANK YOU to all who sponsor, participate and support Oregon Coast Digest photo challenges! It brings such joy and fun to our team and to the entire Oregon Coast Digest Community 🙂