UPCOMING CONTEST: September 2014
We have an exciting new PHOTO CONTEST and PRIZES lined up for September!
THEME: Oregon Coast Digest is now accepting “Day at the Beach” photo submissions. Help capture or share what a perfect day at the beach on the Oregon Coast is like for you! Spend a day at any Oregon Coast Beach, photograph your surroundings, findings or experience & submit. 🙂 Photos taken from a past trip are okay too!
* Please review the prize/voting details and rules/guidelines for submissions below.
SPONSOR: Special thanks to our Contest Sponsor, High Tide Cafe from Charleston, OR for providing the prizes to our winners! The contest theme was inspired by their “Day at the Beach” specialty cocktail (Coconut Rum, Amaretto, OJ, and Grenadine). Make sure to give it a try next time you visit!
PRIZES/WINNERS: The 3 photographs with the most facebook LIKES at the end of the contest will be awared prizes! Oregon Coast Digest will provide High Tide Cafe with your contact information upon selection of winners. High Tide Cafe will then arrange the pick-up, delivery or shipping of prizes to winners.
- 1st place: $100 GIFT CARD!!!! High Tide Cafe will also display the winning photograph in their professional art gallery for 1 month. Have your photograph showcased along side other local photographers and artists to be viewed and admired by many. This is a great opportunity and may even lead to your photograph being purchased! *Basic printing/frame can be provided by High Tide Cafe or winner can choose to professionally print/frame photograph themselves prior to displaying.
- 2nd place: $50 GIFT CARD!!! High Tide Cafe Sweatshirt.
- 3rd place: $25 GIFT CARD!! High Tide Cafe T-shirt.
SUBMISSION RULES / GUIDELINES:
- Email submissions to email@example.com w/ subject line (Sept. 2014 Photo Contest)
- DEADLINE: September 15th! Photos submitted after deadline will NOT be entered.
- Only ONE submission per person.
- Please include title or description of photograph, your name credit, beach name & nearest city and a mailing address for shipping of prizes when necessary. (mailing address will not be used for any other purpose)
- Please only submit materials for which you hold the copyright. Parents or Legal Guardians may make submissions on behalf of minors.
- Submissions may be used for future Oregon Coast Digest publicity and promotional materials. Credit will be given to the author whenever possible.
- No Oregon Coast Digest, Sterling Media Northwest or High Tide Cafe employees or family members are allowed to participate.
VOTING SCHEDULE: There will be 2 rounds of voting. The first round will begin Sept. 16th-20th. At that time a select number of contestants (TBA), with the most LIKES, will advance to the finalist round. The FINALIST ROUND will begin Sept. 22nd. All previous VOTES will be WIPED CLEAN! We do this to give everyone a fresh chance at placing in the top 3 and to allow voters new picks if their previous picks did not make it to the finalist round. All voting will end at midnight on Sept. 26th. Winners will be announced by the end of the month.
VOTING: You can vote for your favorite photos simply by giving that image a facebook LIKE. ONLY votes (image likes) that are on the original photo post will be counted for the sake of simplicity 🙂 Feel free to SHARE the post or images to rally votes for yourself or others. *Please note that if you are sharing images to your personal timeline or pages, friends must click on the image to link back to the original photo source on the Oregon Coast Digest so the votes will count. Comments are definitely appreciated and encouraged to show support but casting a vote in the comments will not be counted, only because it would be very difficult and challenging to keep track and tally accurately.
THANK YOU to all who sponsor, participate and support Oregon Coast Digest contests! It brings such joy and fun to our team and to the entire Oregon Coast Digest Community 🙂